Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My favorite holiday

There are a lot of holidays in America. But in China, the traditional holiday is Spring Festival. Spring Fesival is my favorite holiday. ^.^ On that day, families all get together and celebrate the new year! There are some rules to celebrate Spring Festival. The most important food is dumpling.Also people eat fish at that day. Because in Chinese fish means people will get good luck in the new year. And the reson why I like Spring Festival is children can get money from old person. The old person give money to children is a traditional things in China.

On that day night, people will go outside to play fireworks. People play this because of a old story. The story said a long time ago, there is a dangerous animal called 'Nian', this animal will come out to eat people at Spring festival eve. People found out that the fireworks can make 'Nian' afraid and back to the forest. So this become a traditional thing. It is jollification on that day.

Welcome to China to celebrate the new year.

5 comments:

eunyoung's blog said...

I would like to eat dumpling that you presented in communication skill class today^^

marc said...

After reading though your article, I miss my hometown much more than before. I become more tressure to get the experience that stay with families than before, unfortunately, we all cannot come back to China during the Spring Festival...so sad!

ChaZ said...

you do not like spring festival, you like those dumplings.

Maitha said...

interesting festival !!!
and I liked the story that you wrote about the festival ..

I don't think that you will get sad because there are many Chinese in Iowa City , so you won't miss it!

Rebecca K said...

The Spring Festival sounds interesting! Thanks for telling us about it. I hope you can celebrate it with your Chinese friends in Iowa City.